Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > Maxisys908 printing problem
Maxisys908 printing problem

2172 Views 14 Replies Latest reply: 2019-12-28 20:09:09

•   Level 2   
    (31) points
    jack
    2019-09-14 01:21:53
     hi  I have installed pc link ver 2.05 on my computer. pc and maxisys are on the same network.  when i try and print from the maxisys it finds the computer but fails to upload the file every time . what am i doing wrong  , maxisys 908 is brand new  should i be talking to autel support re warrenty.

thanks

•   Level 9   
    (5837) points
    Ashraf

2019-09-14 04:50:47 (Reply to:jack)

You need to have your Maxisys and the Computer both connected to the same internet net work..........Watch this you tube clip might be helpful.........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hG75DQien6s

•   Level 2   
    (31) points
    jack
    2019-09-14 14:42:20 (Reply to:Ashraf)
     thanks for the reply

I have done all of that but the maxisys keeps failing on uploading file.

?????

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2019-09-17 15:04:30 (Reply to:jack)

I need to wake up my desktop PC from standby or sleep mode and make sure printer is powered back on before mine will print. Check in lower tray of PC, click the upwards pointing arrow that shows hidden icons that you are able to see the little green printer symbol that when you hover the cursor over it, it identifies it as MaxiSys Printer. If you  don't see it you may need to go in check something in Control Panel to allow the program to start up when powering up PC. I like to just get my customer's email and just send the PDF file rather than deal with it and it saves me considerable paper and ink. 

•   Level 2   
    (31) points
    jack
    2019-09-18 01:44:16 (Reply to:witsend)
    hi and thanks for the reply. 
     the little printer is there  i even have it open on the screen but the 908 still fails to upload the file.  i have no problem creating and mailing a pdf , but it would be nice to be able to print as well.  i have followed the videos  deleated and reinstalled the  software on the computer forgot and rejoined the network , but still no luck, i have even put in an issue on the autel site but no response yet.

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2019-09-18 03:58:05 (Reply to:jack)

Some router modems have a dual 2.4 ghz and a 5.0ghz  signal. if the printer only works on the lower signal and the connection is the higher of the two or vice versa it may not print

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2019-09-18 03:59:07 (Reply to:jack)

discard duplicate post

•   Level 2   
    (31) points
    jack
    2019-09-19 01:15:34 (Reply to:witsend)
     hi  
    never thought of that my router has both 2.4 and 5.0 .  ill check and see but my compter is hardwired to the router where the 908 is wireless ,
     maybe I should connect the computer wirelessly  and see if that works,

thanks for the idea 

•   Level 7   
    (1593) points
    promaster

2019-09-19 03:16:06 (Reply to:jack)

This problem happen to me long time ago. The problem began when I upgrade or reinstall windows and I save the old windows files. Some how the maxisys was sending the file to the old PC #### folder system.  After I delete the old windows Maxisys folder and files and a couple windows restarting, it find my new PC ### and new windows system.

•   Level 2   
    (31) points
    jack
    2019-09-26 15:25:13 (Reply to:jack)
     hi  all

just to update u guys  never got a response from Autel on line  so I rang the North American Office Technical support . The guy was super helpful and resolved my problem in 10 seconds, basically installed an app on my tablet to print to the wifi printer directly. So if any of you are having the same problem  call Autel and have them install the app
  Total2 Pages